Tuesday, October 23, 2012

{lately} learning joy

Lately, my life has been one, big, beautiful, messy, crazy thing. I can't really even describe it.


It's easy for me to happy. Making a boring situation fun, looking for the good, finding something to laugh at- that's me.

But I struggle with finding joy. Joy is beyond the happy. Beyond the laughs. Beyond the smiles. And to be honest, right now it's so hard for me to find joy. But I'm learning.

Just this morning the Lord proved His beautiful faithfulness again. Glory to His name! I read Psalm 5:3
    "...and wait in expectation."
That is the last part of the verse and it hit me like a brick. My expectations HAVE to be in my Heavenly Father. I can't put my expectations in a job interview, a relationship, or myself.

It's hard to do. And I'm learning. But here are things that have been happening...enjoy!



High school football on a Friday night. 



Sitting on the front porch at home while it rains. There are few things better. 

Class field trip to take pictures of flowers? Don't mind if I do. 



Getting to take pictures of adorable little girls.

Sister just keeps comin' to College Station. I'm not complaining at all. 


A fun football game with some Impact fishies. Love these girls!

Fall brings the good comfort food to Panera. Bring on the carb overloadin'. 

Pretty skies. Thank you Jesus.

Grilled Alaskan salmon brought straight from Alaska himself. Grateful for this friendship.

More sister time.

As if headed to a NEEDTOBREATHE concert isn't exciting,  God gave us this to look at!

A weekend with these two to see NEEDTOBREATHE. So many laughs and memories. Love them dearly.

Be still my heart.
 Beau.

My. Favorite. Band. 

Aggies love them.
Seth's guitar picks. Thank you Shiloe.

2 things: the start of Duck Dynasty season two; drinking coffee at home~nothing better

Good reminders.

Got to spend a week at home for the one and only East Texas Yamboree.

The only time during the year when it's acceptable to eat a whole one. By yourself. Each day. 

Day made when someone sends you this. 

Afternoons in the Flag Room with beautiful Ags playing beautiful music on my beautiful campus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment