Sunday, June 10, 2012

Why Write?


Just A Servant Girl’s meaning comes from my desire to live for my Risen King as His servant. I wrote about that in the This Servant tab; go check it out…

But I haven’t said why I write, why I share with you what’s on my heart, why I tell you my story. Well, here it is: I write because my story is not my own.

My story is not just for me.

I believe that my Savior is the Author of my life. He has everything planned out. I just have to trust and follow Him. How comforting to know that He has written out my life. For me!

I have met so many girls with unique stories. Some have a background of abuse, eating disorders, heartbreak, or just a down right not-fun situation. When we go through hard times, what is the one line that every girl says? “No one would understand what I’m going through.”

Whether we’re just being overdramatic or legitimately thinking it, we are wrong.

Somewhere some one has dealt with the same thing, is dealing with the same thing, or will deal with same thing. Someone so desperately needs to hear your story.

When stories are told, or read by someone who needs it, a beautiful thing happens. A community forms. Loneliness fades. Courage builds. Jesus is glorified!

So, sweet friend, what is your story? Who needs to hear it?


No comments:

Post a Comment