Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sweet Names, Comforting News


Many times I wake up, fall out of bed making my way to the kitchen with closed eyes for coffee which starts brewing 12 minutes before my alarm goes off, start getting ready for the day with the news on the TV and then leave the house.

When I get home in the evenings or at night, I really want to relax. So that’s normally when I get out my Bible. This works for me.

But I’ve noticed something this summer. I haven’t had to get up and get going on most days like I do when I’m at school. So I normally grab my coffee and have some Jesus time in the morning.

They have been the best days!

Why? Because I start my day with my Jesus! My Creator!

But this post isn’t about when to have Jesus time… It’s about spending time with the Creator of the universe.

I was reminded today that my Jesus, my God, loves me. He wants me to come to Him with requests. He wants to know how my day is going. Yes, He knows. But He wants to hear me tell Him.

The Creator of the whole universe, loves me!

He loves you! He wrote your life plan before you were even around.

Take comfort in that sweet friend.

He is jealous for you!

Run to Him. Let Him be your rock. Your refuge.

I promise you: that just by wanting Him and simply calling on His sweet beautiful name, He will meet you right where you are. Even if we don’t know what to say. Just call on His name. Lord. Abba Father. God. Sweet Jesus. Prince of Peace. Author of Life. Beautiful Lord.

He is faithful.

Remembering these verses today, I want to share them with you.

“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness.”- Jeremiah 31:3

“How priceless is your unfailing love…”- Psalm 36:7

“The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” Exodus 14:14

“So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My right hand…For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”- Isaiah 41:10&13

“But now, this is what the Lord says- Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine…you are precious and honored in my sight because I love you…”- Isaiah 43:1b&4a

So, go and just call on your Creator. He loves you. He wants you.

Take a few minutes and listen to these two songs...please! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment