Wednesday, July 4, 2012

{Guest Blog} Independence Day...You are free!


Yay for the Fourth of July, cookouts, flag cakes, fireworks and anything red, white and blue! So before you set out on your day of freedom festivities, take a couple minutes to read this post. You won't regret a second of it!
It is the blogging debut of Danielle Elizabeth Barr (DBarr, my buddy). You will love her writing. She lets you see right into her crazy wonderful life and beautiful heart.



Hello.

I’m not good with words. Or grammar. And my posts probably won’t be long. But I do love Jesus and want to share that joy and what He is doing in my life.

REDEEMED. Go take a gander at that up in Webster’s and prepare your brain. Now apply that to yourself and be blown away. You’ve been redeemed by the King of the Universe – bought and paid for in full by the blood of His son. Yes, YOU. DANG. That goes hard when you think about it and it’s almost overwhelming.

I was in awe when I really studied what it meant to be redeemed. I had always heard the word, but never really understood it. How could the Lord of Lords love a consistent sinner like myself enough to die for ME. And THEN to think I’m complete in Him and that my debt is done away with. I cannot do anything to earn His grace or approval, but it’s been given to me as a daughter – His daughter, whom He is jealous for. Wowzers. Stew on that for a while.

Okay, that is all.

~Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment