Wednesday, July 18, 2012

{Guest Blog}


Hello.
For the longest time I thought I was a “good person.” I was living a moralistic life and I thought the Lord was pleased by it. In fact, I thought He was happier with me than He was others because I hadn’t fallen into those “sinful” activities. I also thought He was prouder of others who were more spiritually mature than I. I thought that once I reached a certain level of maturity He would love me fully, but until that point, if even obtainable, His love wasn’t complete. This mindset left me judgmental and enslaved to sin. And broken. And hardened. And legalistic. I was tangled in a lie straight from the pit of hell!
Thank goodness for the Lord’s constant desire for His daughter’s heart. He saved me. 
         The day I realized how entangled I was I remember feeling so refreshed. How is it that I don’t have to work for love, but rather it’s already given? Jesus, that’s how. I was so wrapped up in being a good person that I wasn’t living and walking under His grace, which is dangerous and sinful. Deep down inside I was subconsciously focused on how I could earn His love, but praise Him that we don’t have to work, because if so, I’d fail miserably.
            God has been so faithful to reveal himself to me and show me what it looks like to walk in freedom; I’ve been set free and my chains have been broken. That’s a beautiful picture. He’s shown me that He loves me no more or less because of what I do, but His grace covers me and it is enough. I am His daughter. I’m not subject to the law. I’m an heir to the thrown, made whole in His eyes. He loves me just as I am.
This week as I was reading through Ephesians, I was brought to tears and overwhelmed with Christ’s love for ME. It was a beautiful reminder that I belong to Him. He loves me a whole heck of a lot and I’m eternally grateful, simply offering a heart that’s been mended and ready to love. And that’s it. And He’s okay with that.
What a sweet season of life it’s been for me. I praise Jesus for the Lord’s constant pursuit of my heart and affections. He loved me enough to reveal the Truth to me and break me of my bondage. It’s peaceful resting in that, knowing I don’t have to do anything but love, listen, and be obedient.
Okay, that is all.
-Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment